Adam Ortega has 20 years of experience in valuation services. His experience includes valuing business enterprises, equity positions, tangible assets, financial instruments, intangible assets, stock options, and intellectual property. He has primarily served clients in the chemicals, consumer, entertainment, financial services, industrial products, oil and gas, and telecommunications industries.
– Provides valuation expertise in numerous litigation matters with a focus on bankruptcy issues and shareholder disputes
– Engages in a wide variety of industries, including chemical, media & entertainment, mortgage, oil & gas and transportation
– Performs work related to balance sheet insolvency concerns, and other tests for insolvency, as well as valuations for appraisal rights cases
– Several of these engagements involves multi-billion dollar businesses, including Residential Capital, LLC, Tronox, Inc., Tribune Company, Adelphia Communications, and Lyondell Chemical Company
– Offers extensive experience in the telecommunications industry, and plays an integral role in the largest bankruptcy of an integrated telecommunication services provider in the world
– Assists with the valuation of intangible assets, including spectrum licenses and goodwill for a large S&P 100 telecommunication provider, performs enterprise valuations for a large domestic broadcasting and cable company, and underwrites senior credit facilities for several middle market telecom companies
– Completes numerous projects in the energy industry, including asset-based valuations for a large commodity chemical company, assists with the pursuit of fraudulent conveyance claims related to one of the largest bankruptcies ever in the chemical sector and provides discount rate analysis of energy, chemical and refining companies
– National Kidney Foundation of Illinois, MMO Next Gen Board, committee member (2016 – present)
– Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting, executive council (2012) and board member
– Launch U (formerly known as Chicago Professionals for Youth), past board member
– American Bankruptcy Institute, member
– Business Valuation Association, member
– CFA Institute, Level III Candidate
– Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors, member
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.