Robert Bressler is a senior counsel and litigation lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. Mr. Bressler has extensive experience litigating commercial disputes in federal and state courts, involving such areas as contract disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, complex securities and commodities litigation, financial services, defamation, privacy, bankruptcy, employment and health care. He is also actively involved in pro bono work, representing clients in various matters, including appeals, administrative hearings, probate and civil rights litigation. Mr. Bressler is a member of Foley’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice and its Sports Industry Team.
Prior to entering law school, Mr. Bressler worked as a writer, editor and broadcaster for a number of organizations in the sports industry. From 2002-2003, Mr. Bressler was the director of broadcasting and media relations for the Erie SeaWolves, the Double A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers, and served as the play-by-play broadcaster for all SeaWolves’ games on the radio and on television. He also worked as director of business development for a leading publisher of sports marketing and sponsorship information.
Mr. Bressler has authored several articles relating to sports law issues in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and in other publications, and has been a guest lecturer for sports law classes at Marquette University and Northwestern University.
- Representing numerous futures commission merchants in commodities-related claims brought by the Trustee of Sentinel Management Group, Inc.
- Representing a prominent broker-dealer in a lawsuit alleging that its predecessor engaged in the practice of “yield burning” in connection with numerous municipal bond advance funding transactions.
- Representing a liquidation trustee in breach of contract case against insurance company.
- Defending former high-level executives sued for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Representing professional sports teams in contract disputes.
- Defending numerous companies charged with employment discrimination.
- Representing health care clients in claims dispute litigation and advising them on privacy regulations.
- Representing plaintiffs in civil rights litigation brought against municipality.
Series: COMPLEX FINANCIAL LITIGATION 2016
Premiere Date: 05/18/2016 2:00pm