CLLA Member, Alicia S. Schehr is a member of the Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss’ Insolvency & Reorganization and Financial Services Groups, specializing in bankruptcy, reorganization and financial services law. She is also Co-Chair of the Jaffe Women’s Caucus Group.
Alicia earned her Bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University and is a cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan Law School, where she also received Certificates of Merit Awards in Bankruptcy and Advanced Legal Research.
Her published works and speaking engagements include:
- Speaker at Commercial Law League of America’s 83rd Chicago National Convention, Chicago, Illinois, 2013, on “Post-Confirmation Jurisdiction Issues – Was the Suit You Are Defending Properly Preserved?”
- Speaker at American Bankruptcy Institute, Detroit Consumers Bankruptcy Conference, Detroit, Michigan, 2012, on “Introduction to Individual Chapter 11 Cases: Part 1 (Chapter Choice: First Day Motions)”
- Speaker at American Bankruptcy Institute, Central States Bankruptcy Workshop, Traverse City, Michigan, 2007, on “Ouch! Administrative Insolvency and Disgorgement of Fees – Case Strategies”
- Speaker at NACM’s teleconference seminar regarding preference defenses, 2004
- Speaker at NACM’s teleconference seminar regarding Michigan’s New Judgment Lien Statute, 2004
- Speaker at NACM’s Creditors’ Rights Seminar, February 2003
- Speaker at NACM–CFDD Conference East, Dayton, Ohio – October 2002
- Speaker at Business Roundtable on the Savvy Business Woman, Detroit, Michigan – January 2002
- Speaker at Creditors’ Rights and Protection of Security Interests in Bankruptcy, Southfield, Michigan – February 2002
- Dangers of Waiver-of-Defense Clauses in Leases, LJN’s Equipment Leasing Newsletter, Vol. 23, No. 8 (September 2004)
Her honors and awards are:
- Super Lawyers magazine Michigan Rising Star, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- dbusiness 30 in their Thirties